Our amazing cleaning crew did a deep clean on Tuesday, and on Wednesday, we had Truly Nolan come and do a COVID sanitation to get the school ready. Tomorrow, our staff will return to start lesson planning to get ready for your child’s return.
As we prepare to welcome our families back to school on Monday, May 11th we will also switch gears a bit with regard to our kids who are visiting us daily through zoom. We have been monitoring who is logging in daily. In some cases all of the students in certain classes who were doing zoom will be attending school daily, those zoom classes will no longer take place as it makes no sense to broadcast zoom if there is no audience. For the classes that only had one or two participants, we will invite those kids to attend another Zoom class.
- Miss Yanet will be zooming daily for kids in Green and Red Door at 2:00 pm. Miss Miriam will be doing a Spanish storytime on Fridays. Here is the link to that class. https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75583107696
- Miss Murielle will be zooming Monday – Thursday for children in Yellow and Blue Door at 11:30. On Friday, Miss Miriam will conduct a Spanish Storytime on Fridays. Here is the link to that class. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87313672443
- There will be one VPK/Pre VPK class daily that will take place at noon. Kids from Rainbow, Orange, Purple, and Brown who wish to participate should log in using this link. Miss Ana will be Zooming daily for that group. Here is the link https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73491586973
- Kids in Kindergarten will continue ZOOM classes as usual. Kindergarten kids who will be attending will have a live face to face class at 10 with Miss Sammy which will be simultaneously broadcast on ZOOM and all will ZOOM at 1 with Miss Adriana.
As we will resume our educational program and transition into summer camp, teachers will begin sending the weekly letters starting May 15th. We think this is important for many reasons. As families who are attending will no longer be permitted into the classrooms, this is a great way for the teacher to let parents know what was taught during the day.
As parents will not see the teacher on a daily basis, parents are encouraged to send messages to the teacher in Life Cubby. If there is something you need the teacher to know about your child in the morning, please put that communication in the Cubby and the teacher will monitor the Cubby and get back to you if needed. Also, this will be the main communication with the parents from the teacher so please make sure that you also monitor Life Cubby. Any urgent communication can be done by calling the school and we can pass the class to the teacher. If we need to reach you urgently, the school will still call you.
Please remember for those attending our campus:
- Until further notice, we will be open from 8 am to 6 pm. There will no longer be a charge for extended day.
- Students must have breakfast at home. We will provide a mid-morning snack around 9:00 and the lunchtimes will be adjusted to be served 30 minutes later in some classes.
- Observe social distancing and stand at designated signs when dropping off your child.
- All children will be scanned and those with a fever will not be admitted then will be taken to wash their hands.
- Before entering, please leave your child’s home shoes on the designated racks outside the front door. All children must enter wearing NON SKID socks. If you do not have them, we can provide them and bill your account $2. You can make them at home by running lines or dots of hot glue on the bottom of regular socks.
- Please make sure the first day you return to bring a pair of Crocs or rubber shoes to LEAVE AT SCHOOL for use on the playground. Please put your child’s name on them with a Sharpie. We will disinfect them nightly.
- When you are close to the school please call 305-232-0606 so that staff can prepare your child for pick up.
We can’t wait to welcome our families back!
Beth Rosenthal Davis, Ed.S, NBCT