Kids For Kids Academy is planning to reopen to meet the needs of families who need us. We will continue to monitor the conditions of the world around us, but as of today, we are hoping to reopen on Monday, May 11th.
Please know that the health and safety of our students, families, and staff is our #1 priority. We are following state and local guidance to make sure that our program is safe.
The following protocols will be put in place:
- All children will be scanned with a thermal thermometer prior to entry. Any child with a fever will not be admitted.
- Students must remove shoes from home and leave them on the racks outside the school.
- Students will enter wearing NON SKID socks. Those socks will be worn at all times while inside the school. If you don’t own NON SKID socks, you can make them by adding a few squiggles with a hot glue gun to the bottom of regular socks. We will also have NON SKID socks available for purchase for $2 per pair.
- Students must have a pair of Crocs to be left at school for use on the playground.
- Crocs will be disinfected nightly.
- Staff will also follow shoe changing routines.
- All children must either sanitize hands prior to entry or wash hands before being taken to their classroom by our staff.
- Only attending students will be admitted into the building.
- ONE adult per family will be asked to leave the child 6 feet away from the entry where the child will be received by one of our staff members and taken to class.
- Group sizes shall not exceed current local and state guidelines. The teacher is included in the group size.
- Children will not transfer from one group to another at any point in the day.
- All playground equipment shall be sanitized after EVERY group exits and prior to a new group entering.
Whomever drops off The Child must certify DAILY that
- They or anyone in their household have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19
- They or anyone in their household have not traveled out of the country
- They or anyone in their household is NOT currently showing symptoms of COVID-19
We have applied for several SBA loans and grants and have not received any yet but I have continued to pay our staff using personal loans as the majority of parents have stopped paying tuition.
When we reopen on May 11th, families who return will be billed according to our regular fee schedule. We will be open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Students must have breakfast at home.
We will resume our regular hours and breakfast service on June 8th. We will not bill anyone the extended day rate. If you wish to come back half day, we will adjust your rate.
As of June 8th, we will have given families 12 weeks of not being billed. In order to keep our school from closing for good, on June 8th, year-round families (this excludes VPK and Kindergarten kids as their summer attendance are optional), will need to begin paying their regular tuition and the signed fee agreements will be back in force.
This will also mark the beginning of our summer program. Kids in our VPK and Kindergarten should let us know if you will be joining us for summer camp so we can schedule our staff.
I hope you have been enjoying the ZOOM classes for which I have paid staff to do so that your child can stay somewhat connected at no cost to parents. I am very grateful for those families who have pledged weekly donations to help with pay staff.
Please fill out the survey below so that we can schedule staff based on your needs as of May 11th.